Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Reflection on the first three days of class

Three most important (to me) things I have learned:
  1. I have a much greater appreciation of how many interrelated, collaborative tools are available on the Internet.
  2. I have a greater appreciation for the network of professionals who are willing to help and support educators and others trying to learn about and understand Web 2.0.
  3. I want to try out PageFlakes as I have struggled with how to organize multiple online resources so that I can find what I want quickly when I need it.
What I still am looking for:
I am wondering how to help participants in the training make a transition from "How do these tools work?" to "How do I structure a classroom lesson for my students to use one of these tools in a meaningful way to facilitate their learning?" I was hoping that participants would each have a completed unit by Friday afternoon. I am beginning to realize that they may need more processing time, more experimentation on their own before being able to finish that task.

No comments: